Welcome to the Model Railway FOCUS FORUM.
We welcome new members irrespective of experience. You can learn, relax and enjoy the hobby here...
We encourage discussion and we do expect the odd robust exchange between serious modellers, because hobbies generate enthusiasm… but we are committed to remaining a positive place for you to visit, so expect “good housekeeping” by our moderation team, keeping this a pleasant place to be.
A model railway related forum has to be a place to enjoy... so:
- While DCCconcepts sponsor the forum and will offer customer service advice in a separate area, we DO understand that intrusion is annoying, so FOCUS moderators will move any branded threads to an appropriate area and keep the forum areas as non-partisan space as much as possible.
- The FOCUS FORUM as a whole is guaranteed to remain totally AD FREE…
- Images are easy: It can be frustrating when it is hard to post images or links, so we let you do this easily by placing them directly into your posts.
- We also want you to share images of your modelling without complication or restriction - so we are pleased to offer you unlimited space for your model railway and thread-related images.
- Additionally, we want to encourage the sharing of skills and techniques, but we also recognise the need for those who share things of value to be able to manage how it happens... so SELF Moderation is available - ie: more experienced members or those who create projects and layouts selected to be part of our “Inspirational layouts” or projects” areas will also be invited to moderate their own threads.
Thank you for visiting: Click HERE to Register!
Please join us… we hope to see you back often.
General Forum Areas
News & announcements, reviews and competitionsThe FOCUS Modelling Competition Industry and Show News New and worth noting in ready-to-run? DCCconcepts Product announcements New Video and Advice Documents We challenge you to... You Tube and useful video 119 1,048 Model Rail Scotland 2020 by Nimbus
Discussions over a virtual pint: We'd prefer that you popped in here to discuss whatever is on your mind if it is really nothing to do with modelling issues.The members lounge Valhalla - for Moderators Only The Blue Room The Members "Sales Table" 170 1,567 Triggered by ''interesting Time indeed'' by Peter Rust
Your layout and its construction, told in your own wayBuilding the Baseboards Layouts in TT, N, 2mm and smaller scales HO Scale layouts from around the world Layouts in 4mm scale - OO, EM, P4 and Narrow gauge Larger Scale layouts - O, S, G and others (Pinned) Inspirational Layouts 94 2,391 Lincolnshire Loop by Bunkerbarge
Whether it relates to DC, AC, DCC or any other form of power, layout wiring or layout control, it will be found within this category.Turnout and Pointwork wiring Reverse loops and special wiring Wire types and wiring techniques Accessory decoders and interfaces Control panels (Pinned) Top answers to common questions. 134 1,207 Can I make an accessory bus using Alpha Box by Ashbourne Junction
Many projects are done off the layout. This is the place to show your work, the tools you use and the techniques that you employ.The ERAs - looking back at reality Locomotive projects Wagons, Coaches and Rolling Stock Making it believable: Painting and Weathering Track and pointwork projects Signals and Signalling Buildings and Architecture Lighting and sound on the layout (Pinned) The best of: Tips, Advice and Assistance 191 3,061 South Hayling Home Starter Signals by Briperran
AC, DC or DCC - Loco and Layout control, digitaland analog, power and power supplies and other "Tech stuff"Loco Controllers, AC DC or DCC Digital layout control for AC, DC or DCC users Decoders and their installation Power and Power supplies (Pinned) Top Tips for Technical subjects 84 987 POWER CAB ISSUE by Tom G
DCCconcepts Product Support, Advice and Ideas.
A place for occasional special offers from DCCconcepts2 24 Marvellous customer service by 37011
Harnessing the best of digital to make creation of a professional control panel a pleasure, not a penance.1 20 My new panel by 4firstimes
Keep driving your locos with an analog controller, but remove most of the complication from your layout wiring by adopting digital accessory control!1 1 Simple DCC Accessory bus for DC layouts by c.meynell
Ask for advice or help here. We will work 1 on 1 with you to get the best answer.Cobalt Point / Turnout Motors Cobalt Alpha, Alpha Mimic and Ground Signals Cobalt Accessory Decoders Decoders and Digital control Other DCCconcepts products DCCconcepts Forum test 84 706 Cobalt levers by JavelinJim
Hobby Standards, Specs and Dimensions
The original NMRA DCC standards plus the evolutionary steps that are now coming mainly from Europe.NMRA and NMRA DCC Standards European NEM Digital standards 1 23 Hornby E Link by Iain Morrison
- OO & 4mm scale specs and standards HO Scale specs and standards N Scale specs and standards O Scale Specs and standards G and Large-scale Specs and Standards 4 23 Droopy couplers - Is it just me? by Bernard Newbury
A private place for conversations between DCCconcepts and specialised retail dealerships from across the worldPassword Protected