Welcome to the Model Railway FOCUS FORUM.
We welcome new members irrespective of experience. You can learn, relax and enjoy the hobby here...
We encourage discussion and we do expect the odd robust exchange between serious modellers, because hobbies generate enthusiasm… but we are committed to remaining a positive place for you to visit, so expect “good housekeeping” by our moderation team, keeping this a pleasant place to be.
A model railway related forum has to be a place to enjoy... so:
- While DCCconcepts sponsor the forum and will offer customer service advice in a separate area, we DO understand that intrusion is annoying, so FOCUS moderators will move any branded threads to an appropriate area and keep the forum areas as non-partisan space as much as possible.
- The FOCUS FORUM as a whole is guaranteed to remain totally AD FREE…
- Images are easy: It can be frustrating when it is hard to post images or links, so we let you do this easily by placing them directly into your posts.
- We also want you to share images of your modelling without complication or restriction - so we are pleased to offer you unlimited space for your model railway and thread-related images.
- Additionally, we want to encourage the sharing of skills and techniques, but we also recognise the need for those who share things of value to be able to manage how it happens... so SELF Moderation is available - ie: more experienced members or those who create projects and layouts selected to be part of our “Inspirational layouts” or projects” areas will also be invited to moderate their own threads.
Thank you for visiting: Click HERE to Register!
Please join us… we hope to see you back often.
General Forum Areas
The News Stand The FOCUS Modelling Competition Industry and Show News New and worth noting in ready-to-run? DCCconcepts Product announcements New Video and Advice Documents We challenge you to... You Tube and useful video
News & announcements, reviews and competitions84 810 Model Show Destroyed. by driver238
Discussions over a virtual pint: We'd prefer that you popped in here to discuss whatever is on your mind if it is really nothing to do with modelling issues.87 685 one off layout posts by Bunkerbarge
Your Layouts and Dioramas Building the Baseboards Layouts in TT, N, 2mm and smaller scales HO Scale layouts from around the world Layouts in 4mm scale - OO, EM, P4 and Narrow gauge Larger Scale layouts - O, S, G and others (Pinned) Inspirational Layouts
Your layout and its construction, told in your own way76 1,787 Moosburg 2019 by Jaz Avalley
Layout wiring and track Control Turnout and Pointwork wiring Reverse loops and special wiring Wire types and wiring techniques Accessory decoders and interfaces Control panels (Pinned) Top answers to common questions.
Whether it relates to DC, AC, DCC or any other form of power, layout wiring or layout control, it will be found within this category.67 560 Acorn Wood Control Panel by Jaz Avalley
The Modellers Workbench The ERAs - looking back at reality Locomotive projects Wagons, Coaches and Rolling Stock Making it believable: Painting and Weathering Track and pointwork projects Signals and Signalling Buildings and Architecture Lighting and sound on the layout (Pinned) The best of: Tips, Advice and Assistance
Many projects are done off the layout. This is the place to show your work, the tools you use and the techniques that you employ.132 1,913 Making it believable ´bucking the obvious :D Sneaking incorrect scaled items onto the layout by Bunkerbarge
The TECH thread Loco Controllers, AC DC or DCC Digital layout control for AC, DC or DCC users Decoders and their installation Power and Power supplies (Pinned) Top Tips for Technical subjects
AC, DC or DCC - Loco and Layout control, digitaland analog, power and power supplies and other "Tech stuff"57 661 Mega Weird issue by Julian
DCCconcepts Product Support, Advice and Ideas.
A place for occasional special offers from DCCconcepts10 32 Digitrax UT4D Utility Throttle Duplex by RichardBrighton
Harnessing the best of digital to make creation of a professional control panel a pleasure, not a penance.1 20 My new panel by 4firstimes
Keep driving your locos with an analog controller, but remove most of the complication from your layout wiring by adopting digital accessory control!1 1 Simple DCC Accessory bus for DC layouts by c.meynell
Specific product advice Cobalt Point / Turnout Motors Cobalt Alpha, Alpha Mimic and Ground Signals Cobalt Accessory Decoders Decoders and Digital control Other DCCconcepts products DCCconcepts Forum test
Ask for advice or help here. We will work 1 on 1 with you to get the best answer.40 313 NCE PH-Box, Power Pro tripping out by AHJAY
Hobby Standards, Specs and Dimensions
The original NMRA DCC standards plus the evolutionary steps that are now coming mainly from Europe.1 21 Hornby E Link by LGGVW
- 3 12 Jinty's Workbench by Jinty
A private place for conversations between DCCconcepts and specialised retail dealerships from across the worldPassword Protected